January 26, 2009

More Sprouts!

Almost all of my peas have sprouted now. It took ~14 days before the first sprouts started to show, but tomorrow I need to go out and thin them down. If there are any spots that haven't sprouted by the end of the week, I'll start new seeds germinating inside. What I learned over the past week was patience. They will sprout.... eventually...

More beets are up. All of the bok choy have sprouted, and the other day I saw the tips of carrot sprouts! The parsley hasn't sprouted yet, but according to the book it can take a while.

We also had one fence snafu this week. I came home and part of the fence netting was knocked down.... that was the day Major had a scratch on her nose..... interesting.


Check out my pea sprouts!




We have a whole row of them




You might be able to see the beet sprouts and bok choy in this one if you squint really hard.

1 comment:

  1. Portia - if you are EVER in need of appreciative veggie lovers to unload some of your abundant crops onto, please DO consider us !

    Lynn & Kip

    ReplyDelete