January 17, 2009

Finally!

Today I went to check on the garden, and lo and behold there were sprouts! I was beginning to doubt this whole gardening thing as it had been 9 days since planting and nothing was growing. Granted we had a bit of a cold spurt with temperatures in the 30's but still. The bok choy says it should only take 5-7 days to sprout, and it finally did on day 9. I guess that means I should give the peas a little longer (they said 7-10 days). If I don't get pea sprouts soon, I'll try germinating indoors and transplanting.

Here is a pic of my first baby plants :)





Update: Micah put up a makeshift fence that works really well (and was really cheap!). He put a pipe in the ground, so instead of a gate, I just lift up one of the posts and let myself in. It has also solved the problem of the mysterious holes... :) We are still waiting on the trellis netting to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment