March 17, 2009

Update and First Harvest!!!

I have 2 blooms on my pea plants. The tomatoes are still intact and growing. Every day I go out and although I don't really see the tomatoes grow, there are new leaves every day. Bok choy will likely be harvested this weekend. Especially since I think they are shading the jalapeno plant. The oregano is going like gang busters now that I water it regularly. I pulled some of the largest beets today! First harvest! I should have taken a picture, but sorry, I didn't really think about it until I had already started cooking them. Grandmother was right, a little butter, salt, and pepper and they are pretty good! Look at me, eating a new vegetable :)


Pea plant blossom
One of my pepper plants
A growing tomato :)
Carrots
Beets. We ate a few of these today!

No comments:

Post a Comment